Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer member of the Southeast Florida Trauma Recovery Network! We are focusing hard on recruiting members to address the immediate needs of the Parkland, FL community. We are looking for both (a) volunteer clinicians who will provide pro bono EMDR therapy services to individuals and groups, and (b) volunteer consultants who will provide pro bono consultation to the volunteer therapists.
Participation in the TRN is a great way to serve your community in its time of need. There will also be opportunities to receive training in the neurobiology of traumatic stress, methods for stabilization post-disaster, techniques for in working collaboratively with disaster response teams, as well as Early EMDR Interventions (EEI) that can be used within hours, days or weeks or a major traumatic event.
In order to be a volunteer with the Southeast Florida TRN and provide pro bono treatment, clinicians must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of an EMDRIA approved EMDR Basic Training with the 10 hours of consultation.
- Completed training of an approved Early EMDR Intervention protocol such as R-TEP, G-TEP, EMDR-PRECI/IGTP, A-TIP, etc.
- Licensed to practice therapy in the state of Florida.
- Carry up-to date malpractice insurance.
- Must be willing to use all appropriate Southeast Florida TRN forms.
You will be asked to provide a copy of your state license as well as your malpractice insurance.
If you wish to volunteer with the Southeast Florida TRN, you must complete the following two steps:
- You must first register as a volunteer with Trauma Recovery/EMDR HAP at http://www.emdrhap.org/. Create a volunteer account and update your profile. Then, on the Volunteer Homepage near the bottom where it says “Trauma Recovery Network Information”, select “apply to join” and choose the Southeast Florida TRN from the drop down menu.
- Complete the Volunteer Information Form and email this to SoutheastFloridaTRN@emdrhap.org.
Once this is done, one of our TRN coordinators will approve you as a member and give you access to the TRN Member page with updates and further information. Thank you so much for your interest in joining the Southeast Florida TRN and providing an essential service to the community.